Andy Goode

Andy Goode

Andy is a former Rugby Union fly-half who has played for Leicester Tigers, Coventry, Saracens, London Wasps, Newcastle Falcons, England and internationally CA Brive and The Sharks.

He joined Leicester Tigers as a youngster, played a substantial part in the Tigers’ record four successive Premiership titles and also won two Heineken Cup winners medals. He started in the 2001 final and was an unused replacement in the 2002 final. Andy then moved to Saracens for a short spell, but moved back to his old club Leicester Tigers in 2003.

During his second spell with the Leicester Tigers, Andy was nominated for Player of the Season 2004-5 and the PRA Players’ Player of the Year. He ended the season having been voted as player of the year by the Leicester Tigers members and players, and in March 2008, he became the all-time leading point scorer in the English Premiership, overtaking Jonny Wilkinson.

Following Leicester’s 2007/08 season, Andy left Welford Road and signed for French club CA Brive. He was then on loan to South African Super 14 team The Sharks, where he made his debut off the bench against the Crusaders.

Andy also had a very strong England Rugby career. He played 5 times for the England Saxons and 17 times for England. Andy then played in the 2009 Six Nations, scoring 55 points across three different matches.

In 2010, Andy signed with then English Premiership side Worcester Warriors. He returned to Welford Road in April 2012 for the match against Leicester Tigers but was sent off in the first half after hitting his old team Tom Croft high and late with his arm. Despite this performance, Andy’s consistent kicking performances were important in ensuring they ended the season above London Wasps and Newcastle Falcons.

In 2013 Andy joined London Wasps for the season. In 2015, Andy was set to join London Irish at the end of the season. However it was then announced that he would have to retire due to injury problems, without playing a single game for London Irish.

After having his injuries treated, Andy was able to come out of retirement and play for the Newcastle Falcons for three months as injury cover for Mike Delaney and Ruki Tipuna. His first outing was in an Aviva A League match against Leicester Tigers A, then his last appearance for Newcastle was on in March 2016, where he went on to retire for a second time.